Vattenfall's main products are electricity, heat and gas. In electricity and heat, Vattenfall works in all parts of the value chain: production, distribution and sales. In gas, Vattenfall is active in sales. Vattenfall also conducts energy trading.
Starting on 1 January 2014 Vattenfall is organised in two regions: Nordic and Continental/UK.
Investing in Vattenfall
Since Vattenfall is a non-listed company, no shares in Vattenfall can be purchased. At the primary and secondary markets, however, bonds issued by Vattenfall are available for purchase. More information about Vattenfall's outstanding bonds, debt issuance programs and brochures are available at vattenfall.com.
Interim report highlights
- Net sales of SEK 37,519 million (34,734)
- Underlying operating profit1 of SEK 3,388 million (2,750)
- Operating profit of SEK 3,001 million (-19,436). Operating profit for the corresponding period in 2014 was negatively affected by SEK 25.2 billion in items affecting comparability, of which SEK 23.8 million consisted of impairment losses
- Profit for the period after tax of SEK 1,600 million (-18,065)
- Electricity generation of 41.2 TWh (36.8)
- Net sales of SEK 119,011 million (117,220)
- Underlying operating profit1 of SEK 14,092 million (15,911)
- Operating profit of SEK -26,657 million (-9,239). Operating profit was negatively affected by SEK 40.7 billion in items affecting comparability, of which SEK 36.5 billion consisted of impairment losses
- Profit for the period after tax of SEK -22,225 million (-12,183). Profit for the period was charged with SEK 29.8 billion in items affecting comparability, net after tax
- Electricity generation of 127.2 TWh (126.6)
1) Underlying operating profit is defined as operating profit excluding items affecting comparability. For a specification of items affecting comparability, see page 8 of the interim report.