Key facts and figures
Vattenfall's main products are electricity, heat and gas. In electricity and heat, Vattenfall works in all parts of the value chain: generation, distribution and sales. In gas, Vattenfall is active in sales. We also conduct energy trading.
Vattenfall produces electricity and heat from six energy sources – wind power, nuclear power, natural gas, biomass, coal power and hydro power.
Facts and figures 2015:
- Net sales amounted to SEK 164,510 million (165,945).
- Underlying operating profit amounted to SEK 20,541 million (24,133).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK -22,967 million (-2,195) and was negatively affected by SEK 43.5 billion (26.3) in items affecting comparability, of which SEK 36.8 billion (23.8) consisted of impairment losses.
- Profit after tax for the year amounted to SEK -19,766 million (-8,284). Profit was charged with SEK 32.3 billion (20.4), net, in items affecting comparability.
- Electricity generation amounted to 173.0 TWh (172.9).
More information including graphs and pie charts.