Therefore, involvement is key to our day-to-day operations, our license to operate and ultimately to the success of our company.
Vattenfall powers homes, businesses, industries and entire cities. We provide opportunities and create substantial value – as a company owned by the Swedish state, as an energy provider, employer and as a business partner.
At the same time, our operations impact people and the environment. We must limit the negative consequences of our operations, and maximise the positive ones. We interact with people to understand their concerns, to find suitable solutions and gain acceptance.
Stakeholders and relationships
Vattenfall interacts with a wide range of stakeholders who have an interest and potential stake in our work, and vice versa. These include:
- Employees: All employees of the Vattenfall Group, including temporary staff.
- Customers: All customer segments on all markets in the Vattenfall Group.
- Suppliers: Primarily first tier suppliers of goods and services to us.
- Owner(s): In Sweden: the state represented by the Ministry of Finance; in the Netherlands: municipalities that are minority-owners of Nuon.
- Financial markets and investors: Institutional investors.
- Authorities: Regulatory and supervisory authorities where we operate.
- NGOs: Environmental and social non-governmental organisations.
- Society at large: For example local communities, universities and policy-makers.
Impact on local communities
Vattenfall brings opportunities and creates substantial value where we operate. At the same time, our operations can have negative consequences, which must be kept to a minimum. Vattenfall works with local communities so that they can benefit from our presence.
Read more about our approach to local communities
Public health and safety
Safety is core to Vattenfall, our operations and, above all, how we affect the world around us. We must always act responsibly so that our operations do not interfere with the health and safety of our employees, the public or anyone else we encounter.
Read more about public health and safety