3D Virtual Reality Wind Farm Design Programme a hit with Norfolk schools and colleges. More here.
Andreas Manea - International Trainee
Andreas has recently been to visit EOWDC and learn fro the team there. We caught up with him to understand a little more about what working at Vattenfall means for him.
1. How did you find out about the International Trainee Programme and why did you decide to apply? What does Vattenfall mean to you?
When searching for Graduate (Trainee) programmes related to my master’s degree within the energy field, the Vattenfall ITP came across as a great opportunity. Providing excellent possibilities of development and an all-round experience of the different business areas across the company. Vattenfall for me means being part of a necessary change in the climate landscape in Europe, and getting the possibility to contribute to this change together with fantastic colleagues in a creative and stimulating environment.
2. What has been your best experience so far?
Joining the Business Area Wind and gaining insight in the construction of the Aberdeen Offshore Windfarm, as well as getting to know all fellow trainees during our seminar weeks.
3. What did you most enjoy about your experience when visiting the Aberdeen Bay Project?
To meet all the interesting colleagues, learning about the many parts of the project and the organisation.
4. What did you learn on your visit?
That there is so much more to the project than just setting up the foundations, substation and turbines, and that it requires a whole lot of patience and commitment to successfully be part of the project.
5. What were your first impressions of the team at Aberdeen Bay?
Open, positive, helpful and committed.