Vattenfall prides itself on being a safe and responsible energy company with experience in operating over 1000 wind turbines in the UK and Europe. The European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre is soon to be one of the newest additions to Vattenfall’s wind portfolio, with construction starting in October 2016.
Construction of the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre will be delivered by three internationally accredited suppliers: J Murphy and Sons, Boskalis and MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind will supply the V164-8.4MW turbines, Boskalis is the offshore balance of plant (BoP) contractor for the construction and installation (EPCI) of the offshore infrastructure including the foundations and cabling.
Engineering and infrastructure specialist J. Murphy & Sons is the EPC Contractor who will provide the onshore substation and associated cabling work. All suppliers are leaders in their field and support the EOWDC’s commitment to accelerating the development of wind energy and cost reduction through innovation and collaboration.
Onshore preparatory works
- Topographic site survey
- Ground condition surveys
- Environmental surveys
- Finalising civil engineering designs
- Electrical studies conducted to finalise equipment specifications
- Preparation of consent documentation
Offshore preparatory works
- Conducted initial detailed design of the wind turbine towers for the EOWDC site
- Turbine blades manufactured on the Isle of Wight
- 66kV switchgear units ordered for installation in the jacket foundations in 2017